Public Works Permits

When you need to have work done in the City's Right-of-Way or have a dumpster placed in the road for a home improvement project, you must apply for the correct permit.  The Public Works/Engineering Department has a set list of permits that are required for work including the following:
  • replacing your driveway apron or public sidewalk
  • replacing your water or sewer lateral
  • placing a dumpster in the road
  • development projects
  • and more....
Please choose the appropriate category on the left for your permit needs or give us a call at 414-769-2212 for questions regarding the permit process.  There is a moratorium on work in the City's Right-of-Way between December 1st and April 1st unless it is an emergency (i.e. sewer collapse).