The City of Cudahy Clerk/Treasurer’s Office recommends that anyone concerned about the COVID-19 Virus consider an alternate means to cast a ballot that can minimize direct contact with other people and reduce crowd size at polling locations. If you or someone you know may need technical assistance using an online method to register to vote or request an absentee ballot, consider offering a moment of your time. Likewise, if you need assistance please seek out a relative, friend or neighbor you trust to help you navigate the sites.
Steps to Ensure a Quick, Safe and Secure Voting Experience:
- Know if you are registered at your current address by visiting https://myvote.wi.gov/en-us/. Residency requirement is 28 days (March 9, 2021).
- Verify all forms are complete and all required information is Visit https://myvote.wi.gov/en-us/ for complete listings.
*City Hall will be closed on Friday, April 2, in observance of Good Friday, however, absentee ballot applications, voter registration and In-Person Absentee voting will be conducted between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. by appointment only. Absentee related appointments must be scheduled with the City Clerk no later than 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, April 1, 2021.
On Friday, April 2 voter registrations without a pre-scheduled appointment must call 414-769-2203 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.to schedule a same day appointment for between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- Registered voters (regular and permanent overseas) can obtain an absentee ballot via mail through https://myvote.wi.gov/en-us/ or at the Clerk’s Office before 5 m. on April 1, 2021. Indefinitely confined and military absentee requests must be made before 5:00 p.m. April 2, 2021 (*by appointment, as noted above).
- Track your absentee ballot via https://myvote.wi.gov/en-us/. See when it is mailed to you and when it is returned to the Clerk’s All ballots MUST be received before 8 p.m. on Election Day to be counted.
- You may cast your ballot via In-Person Absentee in the Clerk’s Office beginning Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 7:30 m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday ending at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 2, 2021 (*by appointment, as noted above).
- Know where your polling location is. Cudahy polling locations have been restored to their standard locations (General Mitchell, Park View, Cudahy Family Library, and City Hall). Visit https://myvote.wi.gov/en-us/ or call the Clerk’s office 414-769-2204.
- Register to vote online via https://myvote.wi.gov/en-us/ or mail your registration to the Clerk’s office with proper proof of residence by March 17, 2021. You may also register in-person at the Clerk’s office through 5:00 p.m. on April 2, 2021 (*by appointment, as noted above).
- Have acceptable photo ID with you. Visit https://myvote.wi.gov/en-us/ or http://bringit.wi.gov for a complete listing.
- Wear a mask if safe for you to do so. Sanitize your hands prior to entering the polling location, refrain from touching anything unnecessary and sanitize your hands upon exiting the polling location.
- Try to arrive at off-peak times. Maintain social distancing, as recommended by the CDC, of 6 feet from others. Poll booths will be set up 6 feet apart. This reduces the number of voters inside the location at a given time maintaining compliance with several CDC recommendations.
- You may bring your own black or blue ball point pen to complete your ballot. Be sure the ink will not run or the machine may not be able to read your ballot. Pens will also be provided; we ask you take that pen with you.
- All poll booths will be sanitized between voters. Poll workers will be behind large sneeze guards for the safety of themselves as well as voters.
- Remain patient. The polls may be short staffed and the cleaning requirements will cause additional delays.
Our dedicated poll workers deserve our gratitude for continuing to serve our community during this pandemic.VISIT MYVOTE.WI.GOV FOR VOTER INFORMATION, ELECTION INFORMATION, POLLING LOCATIONS, SAMPLE BALLOTS AND ABSENTEE BALLOT REQUESTS.
Election Dates for 2021:
February 16, 2021
April 6, 2021
- VOTER ID INFORMATION
- BRING IT TO THE BALLOT
- VOTING SECURITY
- 2021 NOTICE OF ABSENTEE VOTING AT CARE FACILITIES
VISIT MYVOTE.WI.GOV FOR VOTER INFORMATION, ELECTION INFORMATION, POLLING LOCATIONS, SAMPLE BALLOTS AND ABSENTEE BALLOT REQUESTS.
This web site should provide all of the information you need to vote in Cudahy. You will find applications for registering as a voter and voting absentee. If you still have questions, please contact the Clerk/Treasurer's office at 414-769-2200.
If you register early to vote, you reduce your chances of standing in line on Election Day.
Any qualified elector unable to get to the polling place on Election Day may request to vote an absentee ballot.
BECOME AN ELECTION INSPECTOR: The City of Cudahy is always looking for dedicated residents who would like to work at the polls on election days. This is a paid position which can entail some very long hours, but is also very rewarding and interesting. The only qualification is that you are a "qualified" voter residing in Milwaukee County. For more information, please call the Office of the City Clerk at 769-2200.