Water Rates & Service Charges
Water bills are sent out tri-annually by district. Each bill covers 4 months.
Read about our Rate Increase
Water Meter Charge
- This is a fixed charge based on the size of the water meter. The charge pays for installation, repair, maintenance and reading of water meters.
- For a single family home or duplex with a 5/8" or 3/4" meter the charge is $21.00 per billing cycle.
Water Usage Charge
- This charge is based on the volume of water used in the billing period. This charge pays for operation and maintenance of the drinking water treatment plant. Water rates are determined by the Public Service Commission of Wisconsin (PSC) in order to ensure the financial stability of the utility and fair value for customers.
- The residential water usage charge is $2.20 per 100 cubic feet (748 gallons).
Local Sewer Charge
- The local sewer charge is used for maintenance and replacement of Cudahy's sanitary sewer system. Sanitary sewer includes everything that runs down drains, toilets, sinks etc.
- The charge is made up of a connection cost of $36.67 plus the amount of water used at $0.636 per 100 cubic feet (748 gallons).
MMSD Sewer Charge
- These charges are billed on behalf of the Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District. Rates are set by MMSD, which include the costs to treat wastewater, run sewage treatment plants, the deep tunnel system and connection charges.
- The MMSD charge includes a connection cost of $10.11 plus the amount of water used at $1.61 per 100 cubic feet (748 gallons).
- See information regarding Sewer Rate Increases
- The stormwater charge is used for maintenance and upgrades to the stormwater sewer system. This system collects all the water from rain and snow, which runs to the lake. Stormwater charge is based on the amount of impermeable surface the property contains. All single family homes are billed at 1 ERU (1 ERU= 2700 sq. ft. of impermeable surface). Multifamily units are billed at 2 ERUS.
- The residential charge for stormwater is $31.32 per billing period.
- See information regarding stormwater rate increases
- Fire protection charges are used to cover the use of hydrants, and the capacity built into the system in order to rapidly deliver a large volume of water to a fire hydrant anywhere within the City when required.
- The public fire charge for residential properties is $23.12 per billing period.