A permit is required to place a dumpster in the street or City right-of-way. A dumpster permit can be obtained at Cudahy City Hall. The fee for a dumpster permit are as listed below:
$25.00 First Week
$25.00 Second Week
$50.00 Third Week and beyond per week.
No dumpsters can be placed on the following streets:
- Pennsylvania Avenue
- College Avenue
- Lake Drive
- Packard Avenue (Engineer’s discretion- please contact us)
- Dumpsters to be placed on Layton Avenue must obtain a permit from Milwaukee County.
- Dumpsters cannot be placed in the alleyway.
- Flasher barricades must be placed on both sides of the dumpster.
- Dumpsters cannot be placed on roads from December 1st to April 1st. In certain situations dumpsters may be allowed on the road for up to a week, but prior approval must be attained by the Director of Public Works.
No permits are required if the dumpster is placed in a driveway or front lawn.
Please contact the Department of Public Works with any questions at 414-769-2216.