- Redial! If you call and the line is busy, it's best to keep pressing redial. Do NOT call police dispatch because the line is busy.
- Plan ahead! You can call for permission for the upcoming evening any time during the day after 8 a.m. The address where the vehicle is parked does not have to be exact. The line gets extremely busy between 10 p.m. and midnight.
- PLATE and ADDRESS only! We do not need vehicle descriptions! Just the plate called in clearly denoting the letters as in the example (320-MKP) with an approximate address/hundred block is all we need. Descriptions of vehicles are not accepted in place of vehicle registrations or VIN numbers.
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN): If your vehicle does not have a plate it can not be called in using the VIN. License plates are only accepted. Vehicles must be properly registered to obtain permission to be parked on a roadway. Vehicle descriptions or driver's license numbers may not be entered for permission.
- Special Circumstances: If you need extended permission for driveway construction, friend/family from out of town or other special situations, call the Cudahy Police Dispatch at 414-769-2260 ext 0.
- Alternate side parking: Odd and even side parking is enforced all year including weekends. Permission/permits are not currently needed for Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings, but alternate side parking still applies. If your address ends in 1, 3, 5, 7, or 9, you are on the odd or west/south side of the street. If your address ends in 0, 2, 4, 6 or 8, you are on the east/north side of the street. The correct side of the street is determined by the calendar date prior to midnight. Alternate side parking helps to weed out abandoned and sometimes even stolen vehicles.
- Permits: Permits are sold at the Cudahy Police Department during normal business hours (Mon-Fri 6 a.m. - 6 p.m., Sat. 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.) and are sold in two month increments. Permits are currently $26.40 (including tax) for two months. Vehicles must be properly registered to obtain a parking permit.
- Snow Emergencies: In the winter months there is no parking during snow emergencies on either side of the following streets: Barland, Hately, Illinois, Nicholson, Packard, Pennsylvania, Swift, Whitnall, College, Edgerton, Grange, Ladish, Ramsey and Van Norman. Public Notification of snow emergencies is done by WTMJ-AM, WISN-AM, and WLWK-FM (94.5 Lake FM) radio stations, as well as television channels 4, 6, 12, and 58. Snow emergencies are declared by the Mayor in the event of an excess of three inches of snowfall accumulation. Leaving a vehicle parked on the above listed streets during a snow emergency may result in a fine and towing at the owner's expense. Snow emergencies in Cudahy are very rare. Please avoid calling dispatch to ask if one is in effect.
- Parking Citation Payments: Include citation number(s) with payment. For your own protection, cash payments should be made in person only. Make check or money order payable to CUDAHY POLICE DEPARTMENT. Service fees are assessed on ALL credit and debit card transactions (see fee schedule below). Payments are taken at the Cudahy Police Department by mail, online and via phone (1-888-604-7888).