Cribs for Kids and Car Seat Programs
The Cudahy Health Department offers Cribs for Kids who are in need of a safe sleep space and Car Seat Inspection Program to all Cudahy residents. Please click here
for more information.FREE Radon Testing Kits
Radon is a gas that you cannot smell, taste, or see. People can be exposed to radon primarily from breathing radon in air that comes through cracks and gaps in buildings and homes. Because radon comes naturally from the earth, people are always exposed to it.
We have FREE Radon Test Kits for Cudahy Residents. Please stop in to pick up one up for your home during normal business hours, 8:00-4:30PM Monday-Friday.Internet SafetyOnline Safety Resources for ParentsSharps (needle) Disposal
Sharps needle disposal is available for all Cudahy residents who use syringes or blood testing equipment in their homes.
Unused Prescription Medication Disposal
- Sharps MUST be placed in a certified red sharps container, any size. We no longer will be able to accept laundry detergent bottles.
- A biohazard label should be placed on the outside of the container.
- Sharps can be brought to the Cudahy Health Department during normal business hours for free disposal.
- Proof of residency in Cudahy is required.
- UPDATE: The Cudahy Health Department can no longer accept Auto-Injectors, such as EPI-Pens or Sure Click auto-injectors.
Prescription medications can be harmful to the environment, and even more importantly, can be in the reach of children. The City of Cudahy has a medication disposal program and will dispose of your unused prescription medications at no charge
. Please bring your unused medications to the Cudahy Police Department Lobby (Open 24 hours/day).
They can be dropped off in the black mailbox outside of the police department.
Cudahy Health Department
5050 South Lake Drive
Cudahy, WI 53110
Phone: (414) 769-2239
After hours phone: (414) 769-2260
Phone: (414) 882-2390
For other safety resources, please visit environmental health