Is there a baby in your future?
Early prenatal care is very important for a healthy mom and baby. The Cudahy Health Department offers confidential pregnancy testing that can confirm a pregnancy as soon as a woman is one week late with her period. The health department can provide a temporary BadgerCare+ (state insurance) card to income eligible women with healthcare referrals and pregnancy education.
Cudahy Health Department Now Has Lactation Support Staff!
Our Certified Lactation Counselor can offer support and help on the following topics:
- Latch difficulty (your baby is having trouble latching on to the nipple)
- Sore/cracked Nipples
- Milk supply concerns
- Medication use
- Separation due to medical, work, or educational needs
- Breast milk pumping and storage
Services offered in your home or at the Cudahy Health Department
What should I do before I see a doctor if I think I am preganant?
- Start taking a multivitamin with 400 mcg of folic acid
- Try to eat a balanced diet
- Stop smoking cigarettes & avoid exposure to second-hand smoke
- Stop using alcohol and beer
- Avoid ALL over the counter medications
FREE Pregnancy Education Program
Did you know that PNCC stands for PreNatal Care Coordination? This is a FREE educational program offered to pregnant women who are covered by BadgerCare+ (state insurance). Our public health nurse comes to you, no need to travel to us! Click here or call Renee at (414) 822-2391 for more information.
The public health nurse guides you through the PNCC program by helping you find a doctor, understanding each stage of pregnancy, preparing for labor and delivery, breastfeeding resources, and smoking cessation programs.
Click on the topics below to learn more information