2016 Construction Projects
Packard Avenue North - Sewer & Water
The replacement of 100+ year old water main and sewer infrastructure on Packard Avenue between Cudahy and Lunham Avenues. Also includes storm sewer and lateral replacement for residents. The roadway is scheduled for reconstruction the following year in 2017.
- Project Information
- Special Assessment Fact Sheet (Paving)
- Public Information Meeting March 11, 2016
- Resident Q&A Letter March 11, 2016
- Engineering Report on Estimated Assessments January 26, 2016
- Engineering Report on Bid Value Assessments April 1, 2016
- Construction Update #1 May 4, 2016
- Construction Update #2 June 15, 2016
- Construction Update #3 August 8, 2016
- Lead Water Service Replacement Program
- Construction Update #4 August 30, 2016
- Construction Update #5 October 7, 2016
- Construction Update #6 October 21, 2016
- Construction Update #7 November 1, 2016
- Construction Update #8 November 3, 2016
- Construction Update #9 December 5, 2016
- Construction Update #10 January 30, 2017
Barnard Avenue Extension Project
Due to expected development at the former Iceport location, Barnard Avenue was extended from Sweet Applewood Lane to Nicholson Avenue.
2016 Asphalt Road Resurfacing Project
This project included the Milling and Overlaying of 2” of asphalt pavement on various streets located in Districts 2 & 3. This work is considered "temporary" compared to full reconstruction and is done intentionally to buy time until the road can be fully reconstructed at a future date. These roads included Kirkwood, Pulaski, Edgerton, Martin, Hammond, and Grange.
Please note only certain roads qualify for this method. Many roads in the City may seem worse but they do ot warrant a Mill & Overlay and require a full reconstruction. The Cost/Benefit Ratio of performing Mill & Overlays on roads that are beyond this threshold is very low.
Kirkwood Road Reconstruction
The reconstruction of Kirkwood Avenue between Morris and Grange Avenue.