Get Adobe Flash Player

Reporting a Problem

Missed Garbage
If your garbage is missed, please call the DPW office at 769-2216 as soon as possible so that a crew may be sent back in a timely manner. 

Missed Recycling
Complaints and questions regarding the collection of recyclables should be directed to Veolia's Customer Service Center at 262-679-0860.  If Veolia does not resolve your complaint, it should be referred to the DPW at 769-2216.

Damaged Garbage/Recycling Cart
If your garbage or recycling cart is damaged, please call 769-2216 or email to schedule the necessary repair.  Crews are sent out every 7-10 days to repair or replace carts.

Street Light Out/Cycling
Most of the street lights in Cudahy are owned by WE Energies, but some are city owned. 
CLICK HERE to see a map of Cudahy's street lights.  Please call or email the DPW with any street light concerns.  We will either schedule the necessary repairs or notify WE Energies.

Sanitary Sewer Back-Up
If you have sewage coming up from your basement sewer drain, please call the DPW at 769-2216 during regular office hours.  After hours, please call the Cudahy Police Department non-emergency number 769-2260.  A crew will be sent to check the city sewer in the street and will let you know if the problem is in your lateral sewer.

Traffic Signal Malfunction
Traffic signals are either under the jurisdiction of the Milwaukee County Highway Department or the Cudahy Department of Public Works.  If you see a traffic signal out or malfunctioning, please call the DPW at 769-2216.

Pothole Patching
Pothole patching is done by DPW crews.  If you notice a hole in the street, please call the department office at 769-2216 or email so that a crew may be sent to repair the road.

Sidewalk Tripping Hazard
If you notice a sidewalk that hazardous to pedestrians, please call the Cudahy Engineering Department at 769-2212 or email

Flooded Street
If your street is flooding during regular office hours, please call the DPW office at 769-2216 to report it.  After hours and weekends please call the Cudahy Police Department non-emergency number 769-2260.

Dead Animal Pick-Up
Dead animals in the road or alley may be reported to the DPW office at 769-2216.  An employee will be dispatched to remove the body.  If you notice a dead animal on your property, you may place it in a plastic bag and dispose of it in your regular garbage cart. 

Christmas Tree Removal
The Cudahy DPW typically collects Christmas trees placed by the curb during a two-week period beginning on the Monday after the New Year.  Do not put trees in bags for curb pickup.  The collection will not be done with regular garbage.  All other Christmas trees should be dropped off at the Cudahy Drop Off Center (5631 South Pennsylvania Avenue) during regular drop-off hours.

All other public works concerns can be directed to the department office at 769-2216 or  If it's after normal business hours and it's not an emergency, you may leave a message.  If you have an emergency after normal business hours, please call the Cudahy Police Department non-emergency number 769-2260.

City of Cudahy - 5050 S. Lake Drive - Cudahy, WI - 53110
(414.769.2200) Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.

  ©2014 City of Cudahy Search Contact Us Residents Departments About Cudahy created using: