Is There a Baby In Your Future???
Early prenatal care is very important for a healthy mom and baby.
The Cudahy Health Department offers confidential
pregnancy testing that can confirm a pregnancy as soon as a woman is one week late with her period.
The health department can provide a temporary BadgerCare+ card to income eligible women with healthcare referrals and pregnancy education.
If you think you might be pregnant:
· Start a multivitamin with 400 mcg of folic acid
· Start eating a balanced diet
· Stop smoking cigarettes
· Avoid exposure to second-hand smoke
· Stop using alcohol and beer
· Avoid ALL over the counter medications
Prenatal Care Coordination (PNCC) is a pregnancy education program for expectant
For a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby, call 414-882-2385 to schedule an appointment.
Who can apply for BadgerCare Plus?
- All children under 19 years old at all income levels who do not have access to health insurance.
- Pregnant women
- Parents and caretakers at higher income levels (up to 200% of the Federal Poverty Level).
- Young adults who are leaving foster care when they turn 18 (regardless of income).
- Parents with incomes up to 200% of the Federal Poverty Level who have children in foster care.
- Visit access.wi.gov for more information and apply
Who can apply for FoodShare?
Individuals or families with an annual income at or below 130% of the federal poverty level.
Pregnant and breastfeeding women are eligible for food and nutrition information through the WIC Program. The Health Department holds WIC clinics on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 8:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. For more information call 414-769-2229.